1. To Kill a Mockingbird, by Harper Lee. Published in 1960, this timeless classic explores human behaviour and the collective conscience of The Deep South in the early 20th century. Humour entwines the delicate strands of prejudice, hatred, hypocrisy, love and innocence to create one of the best novels ever written.
What is the most widely read book of all time?
the Bible The most read book in the world is the Bible. Writer James Chapman created a list of the most read books in the world based on the number of copies each book sold over the last 50 years. He found that the Bible far outsold any other book, with a whopping 3.9 billion copies sold over the last 50 years.
What are the top 5 most read books in the world?
We’ve got a list of the most read books in the world of all time.
- The Holy Bible.
- The Holy Quran.
- The Harry Potter Series: J.K. Rowling.
- The Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse Tung.
- The Lord of the Rings.
- The Alchemist.
- The Diary of Anne Frank: Anne Frank.
- The Twilight SagA: Stephenie Meyer.
What are the top 3 most read books?
The all-time most popular books in the world revealed
- The Holy Quran (644) – over 3 billion. …
- The King James Bible (1611) – over 2.5 billion. …
- Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-tung (1964) by Mao Zendong – 800 million. …
- Don Quixote (1512) by Miguel de Cervantes – 500 million.
What is the #1 best selling book?
Top 100 best selling books of all time
|SOURCE: NIELSEN BOOK SCAN
||Da Vinci Code,The
||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
||Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
Which book is best for life?
10 Best Books About Life to Help You Find Your Meaning
- To be Told: Know Your Story, Shape Your Future. …
- The Art of Happiness: A Handbook for Living. …
- A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose. …
- The Hundred-Year Marathon. …
- Let Your Life Speak. …
- The Celestine Prophecy. …
- The Artist’s Way. …
- The Alchemist.
What is the 2 most read book in the world?
the Holy Quran The second most read book in the world is the Holy Quran.
What is a popular book?
Having sold more than 500 million copies worldwide, Harry Potter by J. K.Rowling is the best-selling book series in history. The first novel in the series, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, has sold in excess of 120 million copies, making it one of the best-selling books of all time.
Which book is best for reading?
What Should I Read Next?
- 1984 by George Orwell.
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K. Rowling.
- Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut.
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
What is the 10 most read book in the world?
Top 10 Most Read Books in The World
- The Bible 3.9 Billion Copies.
- Quotations from the Works of Mao Tse-tung 820 Million Copies.
- Harry Potter 400 Million Copies.
- Lord of the Rings 103 Million Copies.
- The Alchemist 65 Million Copies.
- The Da Vinci Code 57 Million Copies.
What are the top 10 best-selling books right now?
- The Stranger in the Lifeboat by Mitch Albom. …
- The Judge’s List by John Grisham. …
- Game On by Janet Evanovich. …
- Better off Dead by Lee Child; Andrew Child. …
- The Wish by Nicholas Sparks. …
- The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles. …
- Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr. …
- State of Terror by Louise Penny; Hillary Rodham Clinton.
What is the least read book in the world?
He calls it the Hawking Index, because A Brief History Of Time is generally regarded as the least-read book ever.
What is the most sold book 2020?
A Promised Land 1. A Promised Land by Barack Obama. Former President Barack Obama released his memoir A Promised Land in November, which is by far the most popular book we covered this year. The 768-page book is the first of two volumes and covers Obama’s presidential campaign as well as his time in office.
What is the most famous story in the world?
Here they explain why.
- The Odyssey (Homer, 8th Century BC) …
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin (Harriet Beecher Stowe, 1852) …
- Frankenstein (Mary Shelley, 1818) …
- Nineteen Eighty-Four (George Orwell, 1949) …
- Things Fall Apart (Chinua Achebe, 1958) …
- One Thousand and One Nights (various authors, 8th-18th Centuries)
What kind of books are popular right now?
What Genres Sell the Most Books Right Now?
- Romance Contemporary and Historical. Romance is consistently one of the top-selling book genres and has been so for many years. …
- Crime and Thriller. …
- Religious and Self-help. …
- Children’s Books Humor. …
- Fantasy and Sci-fi Young Adult.
What books are trending now?
8 Trending Books That Live Up to the Hype
- Ugly Love. by Colleen Hoover. …
- These Violent Delights. by Chloe Gong. …
- The Final Revival of Opal & Nev. by Dawnie Walton. …
- + Add to Your Shelf. The Song of Achilles. …
- Yellow Wife. by Sadeqa Johnson. …
- + Add to Your Shelf. Six of Crows. …
- Ordinary Grace. …
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue.
What are the top 10 books in 2021?
The 10 best books of the year 2021 include:
- The Lyrics by Paul McCartney.
- The Sentence by Louise Erdrich.
- Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr.
- Under the Whispering Door by TJ Klune.
- The 1619 Project by Nikole Hannah-Jones.
- Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner.
- Harlem Shuffle by Colson Whitehead.
What book will change your life?
The Most Life-Changing Books
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. …
- Mindset by Carol Dweck. …
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. …
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie. …
- The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. …
- Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari. …
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod. …
- Start With Why by Simon Sinek.
What is the most meaningful book?
The 100 most meaningful books of all time
- Don Quixote Miguel de Cervantes.
- Things fall apart Chinua Achebe.
- Fairy tales and stories Hans Christian Andersen.
- Pride and prejudice Jane Austen.
- Old Goriot Honore de Balzac.
- Trilogy: Molloy, Malone dies, The Unnamable Samuel Beckett.
- Decameron Giovanni Boccaccio.
What kind of books do adults read?
- Action and Adventure.
- Comic Book or Graphic Novel.
- Detective and Mystery.
- Historical Fiction.
- Literary Fiction.
Who wrote the first book ever?
The world’s first known author is widely considered to be Enheduanna, a woman who lived in the 23rd century BCE in ancient Mesopotamia (approximately 2285-2250 BCE).
Who Wrote the Bible?
According to both Jewish and Christian Dogma, the books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy (the first five books of the Bible and the entirety of the Torah) were all written by Moses in about 1,300 B.C. There are a few issues with this, however, such as the lack of evidence that Moses ever existed …
What is the most sold book in the world 2021?
Dog Man: Mothering Heights Top 10 Selling Books, 2021 Year-to-Date
||Dog Man: Mothering Heights
||Mark R. Levin
||The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse
||Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
What should I read right now 2021?
The Best Books to Read in 2021
- Detransition, Baby by Torrey Peters (January)
- White Feminism: From the Suffragettes to Influencers and Who They Leave Behind by Koa Beck (January)
- Nora by Nuala O’Connor (January)
- Aftershocks by Nadia Owusu.
- Let Me Tell You What I Mean by Joan Didion (January)
What should I read now 2021?
These Are the 40 Best New Books to Read in 2021
- The Push: A Novel. Pamela Dorman Books. …
- A Crooked Tree: A Novel. courtesy of Harper. …
- Let Me Tell You What I Mean. …
- The Wife Upstairs: A Novel. …
- Summerwater: A Novel. …
- How the One-Armed Sister Sweeps Her House: A Novel. …
- Life Among the Terranauts. …
- The Removed: A Novel.
What book should I read 2021?
Reading list: These are the must-have books for fall 2021
- Beautiful World, Where Are You.
- Fault Lines.
- The Magician.
- Nice Girls.
- Martita, I Remember You.
- My Sweet Girl.
- Harlem Shuffle.
- Apples Never Fall.
Which book should I read first?
The Alchemist is a simple read with hidden meanings. The reason it finds itself on this list is because even with its simple narration, it is a novel you’ll be able to truly understand once you’re of a certain age.
What’s the worst book ever written?
Irene Iddesleigh Irene Iddesleigh (Amanda McKittrick Ros, 1897): published by the author’s husband as an anniversary present, Irene Iddesleigh is often described as the worst novel ever written, with purple prose that is circumlocutory to the point of incomprehensibility.
What should I read to become smarter?
Give Your Brain a Boost: 12 Books Guaranteed to Make You More Intelligent
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu. …
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Dan Kahneman. …
- A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. …
- The Greatest Secret in the World by Og Mandino. …
- The Courage to Write by Ralph Keyes. …
- Jump Start Your Business Brain by Doug Hall.